CBIC vide Notification No. 49/2020 – Central Tax & Notification No. 04/2020 – Integrated Tax brings into force section 118, 125, 129, 130 and 134 of the Finance Act, 2020 with effect from 30th June, 2020
Explanation to the sections of the Finance Act, 2020 that have came into force are as follows :-
- Section 118 – Amendment to section 2(118), sub-clauses (c) and (d) of the CGST Act,2017 – i.e., inclusion of Dadra and Nagar Haveli and Daman and Diu and Ladakh under the definition of Union Territories.
- Section 125 – Amendment to section 109 of the CGST Act, 2017 – i.e. Constitution of Appellate Tribunal and Benches thereof which earlier provided Government to exclude Jammu & Kashmir from specifying bench of Appellate Tribunal is amended by deleting such exclusion.
- Section 129 – Amendment to section 168(2) of the CGST Act, 2017.
- Section 130 – Amendment to section 172 of the CGST Act, 2017 – i.e. Removal of difficulties which shall now allow issue removal of difficulty order within 5 years from the date of commencement of CGST Act, 2017 instead of 3 years.
- Section 134 – Amendment to section 25 of the IGST Act, 2017 – i.e. Removal of difficulties which shall now allow issue removal of difficulty order within 5 years from the date of commencement of IGST Act, 2017 instead of 3 years.